Thursday, February 08, 2007

Scandinavia, week 1


I've now been in Scandinavia (Sweden and Denmark, to be exact) for a week. I'm almost done with jetlag (I think the sleeping in problem that I'm having is called a vacation not something bad from jetlag). People are very nice, it's just hard to not know what's going on most of the time (the train, the grocery store, etc.). We hung out in Copenhagen at the six-day bike race on Sunday - very interesting cultural event. Who knew mopeds, cigarettes and elite track cyclists could co-exist indoors?

We went to Malmö earlier in the week to see an exhibit by Sarah Sze at the modern art museum there. Malmö is southwest of Lund, just over the bridge from Denmark. It's an interesting city, with lots of shopping and parks. At the cafe in the museum, Smak, we had some amazing food.

Pictures and more later...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, I love Sarah Sze. What was the show? I haven't seen any of her new work in a long time. Wait, I can google-- never mind. :)

Hope to see you soon! --Amanda